The Top 3 Most Unusual Valentine's Day Gifts
When was the last time you tried something new with your significant other? Making an effort to incorporate something compelling and new could help your relationship grow. Valentine’s Day is the best time to attempt something new in the romance department. That doesn’t mean you need to do something wild or uncomfortable; take some time and think of what you and your partner enjoy and focus on making that an important part of your V-day Celebration.
Tradition Is Nice But Unusual Is Exciting
Some people enjoy taking risks and others fear taking a chance on something that they have never experienced. Sticking to traditional gifts like flowers, chocolate, and/or stuffed animals for your Valentine is a lovely (and common) way to express your love. However, it's important to step outside of your comfort zone sometimes to enrich your relationship.
You should consider incorporating some of the top three most unusual Valentine’s Day gifts this year to surprise someone you cherish! These gifts could be a great option for your honey (or sweetie pie, or whatever sweet names y’all share) if you are tired of the traditional gifts and you want to add some modern flair to this special occasion.
The Top 3 Most Unusual Valentine’s Day Gifts
Hopefully, the title of this blog post didn’t shake you too much...these unusual gifts aren’t too abnormal. These gifts aren’t unusual because of how much they cost or what they do. They are unusual because most people stick with traditional gifts even when something unusual could be exciting. Continue reading if you’re ready to wow your love this year!
#3: An Experience
I’m not saying you should plan a trip to Cabo (although that wouldn’t be a bad idea).
This doesn’t have to be costly and you don’t even need to leave your home to give your partner an experience this Valentine’s Day.
All you need is some time, an excuse to get your S.O. away for a while, and it wouldn’t hurt to get some tips or ideas from Pinterest, YouTube, and other sources if you want to razzle-dazzle your date.
Some of the best experiences you could create include:
An indoor picnic
- Here in the U.S., February isn’t known for its breezy days and sunny skies so even though you might not be able to take your blanket and basket outside, you can still create that same atmosphere in your home.
- You can send your S.O. out to grab a bottle of wine or some type of cheese (make it specific so you have enough time to set up while they’re gone). As soon as they leave, set out your picnic gear and other decor items, get some nice snacks or food laid out, play some good romantic music, and prepare to see their face light up when they see how much you love them!
Breakfast in bed
- If you have a culinary knack, consider getting up early and making a special breakfast for your sweetie. You’ll definitely get bonus points if you can make some (or all) of the food heart-shaped. If your partner is not a morning person, please do not attempt this, instead, why not try making and serving them a nice lunch or dinner?
Making a fort
- Have you taken some time to just do a random and zany activity with the person you care most about? Building a fort could be a great change for the couple who’s tired of the same old dinner and a movie routine. Instead of getting snazzy and heading out for an expensive meal, stay at home.
- You and your valentine can look around for spare blankets, pillows, and other items to make a fort. If you want to make it even better, consider bringing someone’s laptop or phone and listening to music and talking or watching a nostalgic romantic comedy together.
#2: Something Homemade
A lot of people get caught up in trying to get a large number of items instead of investing in something that conveys how much they care about their partner. The best thing about this gift idea is that it could be done using whatever items you have available. If you can fulfill their requests, this printable via Real Simple could make your significant other’s day.
Here’s a shortlist of some fantastic homemade v-day gifts:
- A love infused card
- Baked goods
- A video of you performing a song or poem you wrote for them
- DIY projects (bath bombs, picture frames, etc.)
#1: Moss Ball Pets™!
An aquatic houseplant might not have been your first thought for orchestrating a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift but Moss Ball Pets™ deserve the number one spot for so many reasons:
- It may not be expected but, Moss Ball Pets are a long-lasting symbol of love and devotion and if you don’t believe me, click here for more information on the tragically beautiful romance attached to the marimo’s history.
- Moss balls don’t require a lot of maintenance and enliven any space they inhabit. Whoever receives this gift won’t have to worry about feeding it or taking it out for walks! Much like the Pet Rock, upkeep for marimo is easy and fun.
- Marimo is the choice you should make if you want to give someone the best quirky Valentine’s Day gift.
Share the Love
Yes, it is a song by Kenny Chesney.
It’s also important to remember that you don’t have to stick to one gift idea, you can incorporate all three of these unusual gifts into your upcoming V-day plans. Using Marimo as decor for your experience-themed gift or having your marimo in a mason jar while you’re in the fort could make this Valentine’s Day the best. There are no other unique Valentine’s Day gifts that could compare to our lovable Moss Ball Pets. Adopt one today!
Author: Tierra C. Watkins
Tierra C. Watkins is a freelance content creator and the CEO of Watkins Writing. She has been the lead writer for Moss Ball Pets since 2017. Tierra is currently attaining her Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Marketing emphasis) from Independence University. She focuses on using her writing to highlight the unique aspects of authentic products or services so that small businesses can thrive. Follow her on Twitter @tierra_watkins or LinkedIn.